Mary obtained her Western Medicine Doctorate degree from Iran (her country of origin) in 1998. As a Medical Doctor, she practiced western medicine for 11 years both in Iran and the African country of Ghana before moving to Canada. She worked in the clinic, hospital, emergency center and her private office in Iran for 4 years. Mary then moved to Africa to work with Red Cross in Ghana for 7 years. She visited over 8000 patients while working in Africa with conditions ranging from skin disease, infectious disease and pain management.
She moved to Canada in 2009 and took this opportunity to learn more about and pursue a career in Traditional Chinese Medicine. She graduated in 2012 as a BC registered Acupuncturist. Her extensive background in western medicine coupled with her training in traditional Chinese medicine have equipped her with an amazing ability to understand the potential as well as limitations of each of these two fields when customizing a treatment plan for her patients. Outside the clinic Mary’s interest is in spirituality, exploring nature and yoga.
Conditions treated include:
- Cosmetic Acupuncture (Facial Rejuvenation, Face , Neck and Abdominal tightening)
- Regulate and improve digestion
- Elimination of depression
- Insomnia, improved quality of sleep
- Reduction of hot flashes, dysmenorrhea
- Chronic Fatigue syndrome
- Improved energy
- Back, shoulder, neck and knee pain
- Frozen shoulder, Tennis elbow
- Headache (Migraine ,Tension headache)
- Chemotherapy side effects like nausea
Acupuncture helps boost immune system before surgery. It not only reduces the pain but also it speeds up the process of healing afterward.