Mary Mir obtained her Western Medicine Doctorate degree from Iran in 1998. As a medical doctor, she practiced Western medicine for 11 years, both in Iran, and the African country of Ghana. She worked in clinics, hospitals, emergency centers, and her private office in Iran for four years. Mary then moved to Africa to work with the Red Cross in Ghana for seven years. She visited over 8000 patients while in Africa, with conditions ranging from skin and infectious disease, to pain management.
She moved to Canada in 2009 and took this opportunity to learn more about, and pursue a career in, Traditional Chinese Medicine. She graduated in 2012 as a BC registered Acupuncturist. Her extensive background in western medicine coupled with her training in Traditional Chinese medicine have equipped her with an amazing ability to understand the potential, as well as limitations of each of, these two fields when customizing a treatment plan for her patients. Outside the clinic, Mary’s interest is in spirituality, exploring nature, and yoga.
Conditions treated include:
- Cosmetic Acupuncture (facial rejuvenation, face, neck, and abdominal tightening)
- Regulate and improve digestion
- Elimination of depression
- Insomnia, improved quality of sleep
- Reduction of hot flashes, dysmenorrhea
- Chronic Fatigue Syndrome
- Improved energy
- Back, shoulder, neck and knee pain
- Frozen shoulder, Tennis elbow
- Headache (migraine, tension headache)
- Chemotherapy side effects like nausea
- Acupuncture to boost the immune system before surgery, and aid in healing.